Posts tagged ‘Update’
October 7th, 2010
What’s new? Glad you asked. There are two new features to talk about.
- Support for dosing adjustment using single level vancomycin kinetics.
- The calculations are performed using both patient specific information supplied by the user as well as patient population parameters.
- Literature supported High Dose Extended Interval (HDEI) (aka “once daily” or “pulse”) aminoglycoside dosing.
- Calculations for gentamicin and tobramycin are based on 7mg/kg adjusted body weight.
- Calculations for amikacin are based on 15mg/kg adjusted body weight.
This release was also unique because we finally opened the door to a Beta Tester. Our heartfelt thanks goes out to Robert B. Martin, Pharm.D. Robert provided a critical eye for Jerry’s Pharmacokinetic Calculations and his years of clinical experience were priceless. He’s given us a lot of great feedback we’ll be sure to include in future releases. That’s right, we like to hear from our users!
We hope you enjoy using 1.2 as much as we enjoyed developing it.